Week 5 of uni. Okay, this is scary. But putting scary things aside, I actually went to a haunted house and screamed like mad. Really wanted to give updates on the Royal Brisbane Show/EKKA which I finally google what it meant! -____- Brisbane Exhibition. WTH, I don't know how they find EKKA in brisbane exhibition!!? My second Ekka experience was fun! I have to admit, the company was awesome, together with putting aside money matters, which is not really easy. We ate, ate, ate, screamed, went on rides, played games, and some people won, some people not being me, but Kim was nice enough to give me Homer (Ronal' DOH) which is now on our trophy ledge!
Anyways, I really X1000 wanted to post up pictures on it, but I couldn't find the camera/computer connector thing, despite just finished cleaning the pigsty I call a room. So, the next best thing, is FRANZ JOSEF GLACIER HIKE!!!!
Since I was already in NZ, during the WINTER ( I don't know what's it with winter and us ah, always go places during winter, like super scared of hot, canada also like this) the brother suggested glacier hiking. I was good with it, until I found out it was going to be a 7 hour hike. -___- It was actually supposed to be a 2 hour one, but on the way, while stopping by at a pit stop, we met a UK couple and they said we better take the 7 h one, as they claim we wont see anything with only 2 hours.
After all that, I can't believed I hiked for 7 freaking hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proud of myself, but I think it was alright, as we were walking at a slow pace, taking pictures, and mostly climbing hills. There were this CRAZY vertical hike, where the only thing supporting me was a rope, and it was not the ONLY ONE. Thought I would die, then and there. Thinking back, I think my legs were more sore after the Ekka. -____-
We started the hike at around 9 and had to trek like an hour through a tropical forest. We were also equipped with heavy boots, and some spikes in an ugly red waist pack. I was quite happy that there werent any cute guys together with us, as I for one, don't think I was presentable. Together with that, I wore 4 layers of pants, and 4 layers of tops. Don't ask, please. I can however say, MAJOR REGRET! How was I to know, it was freezing in the morning wahh. The guides were bearing shorts and short sleeves. -________-
We were separated into 3 groups, fast, medium and slower ones, I really wanted to be in the last one, but then the brother wanted to go to the 1st one, compromise. Seriously I am one of the softest core person ever. From the picture, it looks very near, but it took us 45 mins to reach the icy area, and by the end of the day we only reached the area with the shadow. -_____- According to Joseph, our guide, it was due to the refractions or whatever, sorry, not a physics person.
It was quite amazing to see and be walking on ice formations and learning more about mountains moving, like finally using my geography knowledge. Joseph was equipped with an axe to carve the ice, and he said that the routes changes almost everyday, so luckily we followed him, if not I sure holland.
It was quite fun to roll around in worm holes, and squeeze thru cracks, with 4 layers of fat shit clothes, with people waiting behind you.
We had to bring our own lunch, which was ironic, as 1 dr and 1 soon to be dietitians' lunches were a bag of cookies. -_______-! In our defense, Franz Josef is a smallllll village bahhhhh, and all we had were yummy cookie time, and bags of chips. er..